The Best of Sherlock Holmes
Randall Stock has presented papers at Harvard and at the University of Minnesota on Conan Doyle rarities. He's contributed chapters to several BSI Manuscript Series books, and is an invested member of The Baker Street Irregulars. He's currently working on a book about Conan Doyle's writings.
His technology experience includes marketing and product management for high-tech firms in Silicon Valley. At one time (too many years ago), he enjoyed being a skipper on the Jungle Cruise at Walt Disney World. He holds an MBA from the Anderson School at UCLA and is a Carter Fellow. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering at Iowa State University.
Suggestions for this website are always welcome. You can reach me by e-mail here.
Some Sherlockian Writings by Randall Stock
Chapters in Books
- "Unlocking 'The Empty House': Its History and Manuscript" in Out of the Abyss, edited by Andrew Solberg, Steven Rothman, and Robert Katz (New York: The Baker Street Irregulars in association with the Rosenbach of the Free Library of Philadelphia, 2014)
- "Uncovering 'The Second Stain': Its History and Manuscript" in Irregular Stain, edited by Andrew Solberg and Robert Katz (New York: The Baker Street Irregulars in association with Magill Library at Haverford College, 2013)
- "Observing 'The Golden Pince-Nez': A Manuscript History" in The Wrong Passage, edited by Andrew Solberg and Robert Katz (New York: The Baker Street Irregulars in association with The Harry Ransom Center at The University of Texas at Austin, 2012)
- "Revealing 'A Scandal in Bohemia': Its History and Manuscript" in Bohemian Souls, edited by Otto Penzler (New York: The Baker Street Irregulars in association with The Harry Ransom Center at The University of Texas at Austin, 2011)
- "A Sherlock Holmes Census: What's Really Out There" in Papers at an Exhibition, edited by Peter X. Accardo, John Bergquist, and Dan Posnansky (New York: The Baker Street Irregulars in cooperation with Houghton Library, 2009)
- "Following 'The Three Students': A Manuscript History" in So Painful a Scandal, edited by John Bergquist (New York: The Baker Street Irregulars in association with Houghton Library of the Harvard College Library, 2009)
The Baker Street Journal
- "Sidney Paget: Painting by the Numbers"
- "An Illustrious Manuscript"
- "The Trail of the Semi-Solitary Manuscript"
- "Perfect Reproductions: Some Notes on Canonical Manuscripts"
- "Rating Sherlock Holmes"
- "A Study in Sherlockians"
- "Irregular Participation"
- "The Best of the Best"
Houghton Library of the Harvard College Library
- "A Sherlock Holmes Census: What's Really Out There" (speech/paper)
University of Minnesota Special Collections
- "Manuscripts & More: Some Descriptions, Discoveries, and Digressions" (speech)
- "Manuscripts & Magazines: A Review of Sherlockian Rarities" (speech)
- "Two Treasures Revealed: A Manuscript and its Facsimile"
The Hounds' Collection
- "An Auction Report on the Conan Doyle Collection"
- "Quoting Sherlock Holmes: The Ten Most Famous Canonical Quotations"
- "Rating the Untold Tales"
- "Buying The Strand Magazine"